ddPCR: digital droplet PCR
Digital droplet PCR technology is proving itself a robust and sensitive nucleic acid quantification technique. It enables direct, absolute quantification of gene expression, rare mutation or SNP detection against wild-type, and copy-number variation (CNV). We are using Bio-Rad QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System.
How ddPCR works
The technology is based on sample partitioning in 20,000 nanoliter-sized droplets. An end-point PCR reaction is performed against a single DNA template copy in each droplet. The emitted fluorescence signal is read droplet by droplet (single or double channel) for a positive/negative counting based on threshold signal. Target concentration is then inferred by a Poisson statistical model fitting with 95% confidence interval.
Available ddPCR applications
- Relative expression quantification of a target across different sample conditions with quadruplex reference genes normalization.
- Absolute quantification of different targets in a sample condition.
- Mutation or SNP detection against wild-type.
- Other applications welcome for development and deploying at the platform.
Price per reaction (CA$)
|First 96 reactions||Following reactions|
- For academics external to Canada and industrials please contact us for an accurate quote.
- Not including cost for sample preparation and PCR primer and hydrolysis probe design if applicable.
- Prices subject to change.